OnePlus started teasing its upcoming flagship phone- the OnePlus 5 since a long time. All these days, the launch date of the device was unknown, but OnePlus has just confirmed that the device will be launched on June 20, across various countries. Same as last year, the Chinese company will have a few ‘pop-up’ events in few cities across the world.
If you’re from India, the launch event will start at 9:30 PM on June 20. The company is holding the pop-up events in various cities across the world including Amsterdam, Berlin, Helsinki, London, New York, and Paris. Also, the company would be selling few units of the OnePlus 5 at these pop-up events. There’s no pop-up event in India. OnePlus may launch the phone by the end of June in India.
Here’s the list of pop-up cities over the world:
- New York (Meatpacking District): 7:00 PM ET, June 20
- London: Details coming soon
- Copenhagen (3 store): 4:00 PM, June 21
- Paris (Colette store): 11:00 AM, June 21
- Berlin (LNFA Conceptstore): 6:00 PM, June 21
- Amsterdam (Daily Paper): 6:00 PM, June 21
- Helsinki (Elisa): 5:00 PM, June 21
- Oulu (Elisa): 5:00 PM, June 21
- Tampere (Elisa): 5:00 PM, June 21
- Turku (Elisa): 5:00 PM, June 21
The OnePlus 5 will have top-notch hardware. The handset is expected to be powered by Snapdragon 835 chipset which is the latest SoC from Qualcomm. Other rumours include 6GB of RAM, 64/128GB of internal storage, 8-megapixel front-facing selfie camera, and a 3,600mAh battery. According to some resources, a 256GB variant is also likely to arrive.
What’s more interesting is that OnePlus is now working with DXOMark to improve their cameras for the OnePlus 5. For the unaware, DXOMark is a benchmarking website for smartphone cameras and other cameras as well. The OnePlus 5 is likely to come with a 5.5-inch Quad HD display, but some reports are stating that it will retain the standard 1080p display of its predecessor.