Yu Televentures has launched a new smartphone in India, namely, the Yu Yureka Black. After being silent for over nine months, the company has come up with a smartphone to rival the Chinese brand phones such as Xiaomi Redmi 4, Coolpad Note 5 Lite etc. It is the same smartphone launched three years back by the company, but there’s a Black at the end of the device’s name. The phone costs Rs. 8,999.
The Yu Yureka Black comes with entry-level specifications which are almost similar to the Xiaomi Redmi 4. Yu has gone with a 5-inch display and the resolution here is 1080p, which is an unusual one seen in this price range. It is fuelled with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 chip and has a massive 4GB of RAM module, which is another unusual spec seen in this price range.
YU YUREKA BLACK Specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, PDAF, Sony IMX258 sensor
- 8MP front-facing camera with flash
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio
- Dimensions: 142.5×69.9×8.73mm; Weight: 150g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB OTG
- 3000mAh built-in battery
The Yureka Black has 32GB of internal storage and has microSD card slot for storage expansion. It also has Adreno 505 GPU for graphics. The phone comes laden with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow but Micromax is promising Android Nougat update very soon. Furthermore, the Yureka Black has a small 3000mAh battery.
The cameras in the phone are 13MP Sony IMX258 sensor at the back with PDAF, dual tone LED flash and an 8MP one at the front which also comes with flash support. There are the 3.5mm headphone jack and FM radio. The phone has connectivity options such as 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, and USB OTG. The fingerprint scanner is embedded into the home button.